dejkm

 As far back as I can remember I have felt the spirit of creativity in my soul. I love decorating, designing and arranging things to display a comfortable, cozy enjoyable surrounding. My favorite time of the year is the Christmas holiday where I feet the bulk of my creativity shines the brightest. Back in the early 90's I enjoyed watching Home and Garden television seeing how others decorated. I especially loved the before and after shows. Out of all the decorating styles I have seen over the years country style has been my favorite to watch. I use to love riding through the countryside with my grandparents as a kid and visiting areas where there was a more rural type setting. Country Style reminds me of the way many lived in the past where times were simpler, less was more. There were not too many glitzy and glamorous houses found in the country. The setting was more cozy and kid/family friendly. You didn't mind a few scratches, scuffs and dents. Living at that time was more rustic then today with all its technology and fancy style living. For me the more cozy a space is the more relaxing the spirit feels. Who doesn't want to walk in their home and feel a since of relaxation and calm away from the outside world? I love earth tone colors which is not surprising with my love of country design. Mommy taught me how to crochet and knit but I loved crocheting more. I remember making my first baby blanket, then some booties and a hat to match. In the later years I started crocheted Christmas gifts. Today I still make things for others for Christmas. I remember when my grandmother passed many years ago I took her three couch pillows and crocheted new covers for them. I never mastered following patterns. I always did stuff free hand as I still do today. I sell crocheted apparel, things to decorate the home, gift baskets, collectibles and more. I love DIY projects and arts and crafts. I just love a blank canvas that I can customize to mine or another person's liking. It creates individual personality and comfort. I have been doing this from a business standpoint off and on since 2007, now, after a brief hiatus I am back at it again under Walk in Creativity. New Year New Beginning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Create With Passion

Opting For The Best Farrowing Crate: 6 Tips To Keep In Mind